Friday, January 6, 2012

Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren


Title: Waterfall
Series: River of Time (bk 1)
Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Publisher: David C. Cook
Ages: Young Adult
Genera: Fiction
Subjects: Time Travel, Romance, Medieval Times
Some romance, cussing, and mature topics

Summary:
It's not everyday you get to go to Italy! Actually, for Gabi and Lia, it is everyday. Gabi and Lia are the daughters of prominent archaeologist parents. Gabi and Lia are bored out of their minds, so they go into one of the tumuli (which are basically burial grounds). Gabi puts her hand on the wall, along with Lia and they are sent through time to the sixteenth century - right between a epic battle between two forces.


Review: 
Rating: B
What can I say? This book has everything I love:
Italy
Medieval History
Strong Heroine
Did I mention Italy? I ♥ Italy.

Gabi it a wonderful heroine. She is similar to Maximum Ride, same sarcastic, witty, character. Luca and Marcello are so fun. Marcello is a bit too protective for my tastes (he just reminds me way to much of Edward Cullen). Luca is Marcello's sidekick; a fun, witty guy. He has to be the best of the two.
Lia doesn't get fleshed much in the book, nor the whole series so that's a bit of a disappointment. She is the little sister character: kind, sort of hesitant, and all around little sister-y. It's kind of a downer.
I do love how kick butt they are, both of the sisters.
The story is great, but slightly rushed in parts. Some times, this is necessary (like in the battle parts). The story leaves a good cliffhanger, so it's good I had all three books. The next book's review will come soon!

In all, though the book is good, it isn't great. I did enjoy it greatly. I would recommend it to an person who loves Italy, history, or/and a good romance.

- Rogue

4th book review

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, please no spam or hate comments!
I'll try my best to reply :)