Wednesday, January 4, 2012

As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott

Title: As I Wake
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Ages: Young Adult (13+)
Length: 224 pages
Genera: Science Fiction
Subjects: Paranormal Romance, Amnesia, Two Worlds
Some romance and cussing.

Summary:
Ava wakes up in a house she doesn't know. Just released from the hospital, she comes home to a wonderful mother and a group of best friends, even a crush that's beginning to show interest. She doesn't know any of them. Ava can't shake the feelings that she doesn't belong.
Ava finally remembers something, but its not from this life. Where does she belong - the life with a caring mother or one filled with danger and love?

Review:
Rating:: D
I had recently joined a book group, and the previous BOTM (book of the month) were As I Wake (Elizabeth Scott) and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Ransom Riggs). I held both of them at the library, and read started As I Wake first.
I really loved the idea, it was original (or at least I haven't read anything like it). The first few pages were... confusing. I couldn't get past them quickly. At the time though, I thought it was just because they were the first pages. The whole book turned out to be like that. I quit reading it and turned to Miss Peregrine (click here for review). When I started it again, it was easier to read (by a bit). The farther I got in. the more confused I got. It just didn't make sense!
The two plots made NO sense. How did the boy come in to the other Ava's life? Not to spoil anything but, the romance was forced and rushed.

In all, I didn't enjoy it one bit, I would not read it again, and I would NOT recommend it.

- Rogue

2nd Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, please no spam or hate comments!
I'll try my best to reply :)